The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College is dedicated to providing a distinctive educational experience that inspires students towards Professionalism, Civic Responsibility, and Lifelong Learning for success in their chosen career field.
What WILL BE your Mission?
Whatever it is, Walnut Hill College will prepare and inspire you to succeed in your professional future.
Founded in 1974 as The Restaurant School, Walnut Hill College is one of Philadelphia’s first colleges to focus on excellence in hospitality education. We prepare our students for the real world by combining classroom teaching with hands-on training in our award-winning restaurants, which are open to the public.
Of course, the training we offer doesn’t just happen on campus. Our students live and learn in the heart of University City, Philadelphia, home to one of the largest student populations in America. With a bustling environment of restaurants and hotels right in our backyard, our students have incredible access to top-notch internships and jobs.
And well beyond Philadelphia, our students go on tuition-paid travel adventures around the world! Hospitality tours of France and England and a cruise and resort tour of Florida & the Bahamas are the highlight of our programs. By studying the industry both locally and globally, students from Walnut Hill College can expand their knowledge and thrive wherever their careers take them.
- Hospitality is at the heart of all we do.
- Service is at the core of operations at Walnut Hill College. It defines us by our commitment to our “students as customers” through the exceptional service we provide.
- We take pride in product excellence. Education is our product, and our faculty and staff take great pride in sharing their wisdom, experience, and professionalism with our students.
- We value interpersonal regard. We strive to create a sense of community and belonging that nurtures and supports all members.
- We promote personal growth and citizenship. We inspire our students to develop a sense of pride in themselves as well as in others through participation in public service programs, which are an integral part of their education.
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
Walnut Hill College is:
- Approved to confer Associate of Science degrees and Bachelor of Science degrees by the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
- Approved for veterans’ training by the state-approving board.
- Approved to participate in Title IV and federal financial aid programs by the United States Department of Student Financial Assistance.
- Approved by the United States Department of Justice to grant student visas.
- Recognized as a Professional Management Development Partner of the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association.
Walnut Hill College is a member of:
- Pennsylvania Association of Private School Administrators
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education
- Pennsylvania Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Restaurant Association
- Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association
- Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau
- American Culinary Federation
- International Association of Culinary Professionals
- Philadelphia Pastry Society
- Philadelphia Women’s Culinary Guild
- American Institute of Wine and Food
- Culinary Society of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Restaurant Association
- Philadelphia Purveyors and Restaurant Association
- ACF Philadelphia Delaware Valley Chefs Association
Walnut Hill College is firmly committed to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, disability, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age in its admissions decisions as well as in its educational and student programs.