Walnut Hill College has established the following list of policies to keep students informed and safe while in attendance:
- Bullying and Harassment
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedure
- Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
- Preparations of Disclosure of Crime Statistics
- Missing Student Notification
- Security, Access, and Prompt Crime Reporting
- Sex Offenses
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Timely Warnings
- 2016 Annual Security Fire Safety Report
- Sexual Harassment
- Student Bill of Rights
- Title IX Policy
Jeanne Clery Act, Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report complies with both The Jeanne Clery Act and The Higher Education Opportunity Act. This document contains information about statistics of reported crimes that occurred on campus, both in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College and on public property immediately adjacent and accessible to campus for three previous calendar years. It also contains information regarding crime prevention, disciplinary procedures, and crime reporting policies and procedures.
As required by The Higher Education Opportunity Act, The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College publishes an Annual Fire Safety Report that includes a log of all reported fires that occur in on-campus student housing facilities, fire safety policies, and fire statistics. View our 2015 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
Sexual Violence Education (Act 104)
The following five documents provide education, awareness, and information about sexual violence:
- Letter from the President
- TRS@WHC Sexual Violence Education Program
- Myth v. Fact
- 8 things to know before you go out
- If you have been sexually assaulted
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Peggy Liberatoscioli at (267) 295-2315 or PL@walnuthillcollege.edu.
The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College is a non-smoking campus, and as such, the college promotes a smoke-free environment. The following guidelines will help to ensure proper understanding of the college’s smoking policy:
1. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on college property, including such areas as parking lots, porches, and sidewalks on college properties, as well as classrooms, offices, and Residential Learning buildings.
2. Smoking is not permitted within 50 feet of any entrances on campus, including the Center for Hospitality Studies at 4100 Walnut Street.
3. As per Philadelphia law, smoking is permitted on city-owned sidewalks provided it is at least 25 feet from any entrance; however, the college has increased this to 50 feet.
Violators smoking inside any college-owned building or in any non-designated area will be subject to a fine and will be referred to the Executive Vice President for sanction. For your convenience and the cleanliness of the campus, ash cans are provided near entrances and exits of many buildings. Please do not throw cigarette butts on sidewalks or in public areas. Instead, properly dispose of them in ash cans.